Monday 6 March 2017

A Halifax Hoodie

Wow it's a long time since I have written anything here. Life has been busy and stressful and this little space has not really crossed my mind until today. I had always heard of the grief analogy about the sea and waves and never really understood it, now I do and it is very true. That along with little e's diabetes going into crazy mode has meant 2017 has started in a way I hope it doesn't continue!

Anyway, on a cheerier note I have been doing some sewing for me in between sewing for others. The search has been on for a good hoodie pattern for ages and finally I found one, the Halifax Hoodie from Hey June.

I have made a hoodie before and it had raglan sleeves and the fit wasn't great. This one is normal sleeves and has all the nice finishing touches inside like hiding the inside of the zip and covering the join between the hood and body.


It was a easy make and I love it. I made it in a large which was the closest to my measurements but I think the next one will be a medium as this is roomy! The fabric is from Kitschy Coo and has been sitting in my stash since this time last year, it is nice to finally be able to wear it although it is still a bit light weight for the cold temperatures we have been having. The perfect excuse to find some heavier weight fabric to make another.

Hopefully back soon!








And for anyone needing a good cry this song is lovely.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.